July 27, 2013

Elaine Busby


NW Emmy Nominated Elaine Busby Answers
Burning Questions On The Rocks

 

 
Elaine Busby is an accomplished television professional with more than thirty years experience from hosting PM Magazine to creating her own NW Emmy nominated shows.  Her first novel, Burning Questions was the winner of the 2005 Timeless Love Contest.


Could you please start by telling us a little about yourself?
Some people think I have a double identity – but being a Gemini, that goes with the territory. My “Page, screen and in-between name is Elaine Busby” – my maiden name which I use for my writing and on camera work. My married name is Thompson – and in that role I am mother, wife and youth leader at my church.
Do you plan all your characters out before you start a story or do they develop as you write?
I use the fine art of synchronicity to develop my plot and characters, meaning I start with a basic idea for the book, and my characters manage to get themselves in and out of interesting situations.
How does your family feel about having a writer in the family? Do they read your books?
My family is very supportive and only those older than 16 really read my romance – but if I can get my husband to cry at the ending, I know I have succeeded!
What are your hobbies?
I have a passion for the outdoors – I golf, waterski and spend a lot of time at the Oregon Coast.
If you had to choose one person to have dinner with, who would it be? And why?
My husband! I love being alone with the man I make my life with. There is always plenty to talk about and enjoy together. Life is too short.
Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?
I have always had the “bug” – but spent many years in television writing feature stories and news. From there, I learned to get at the “heart” of a story, which helps when you are trying to condense scenes and information down to what matters to the reader and moves the story forward.
Do you write full time? What did you do before you became a writer? Or Still do?
I wear many hats, one of them being a writer. I generally write in the mornings, before the rest of my life wakes up!
Can you please give us a sneak peek at any of your upcoming books?
Having spent many years having backyard chickens, I am inspired to bring “my girls” into a romance!
Is there a genre of book you would like to write but haven't yet?
Yes, I would like to write contemporary fiction.
What would be the best way for readers contact you? Do you have a website? Email address? MySpace site? Blog? Message Board? Group?
©    Elaine@elainebusby.com   
Do deadlines help or hinder your muse?
Deadlines are good for me, having spent many years in the news (although I missed yours for this – ouch!!)
What was your first published work and when was it published?
Burning Questions was my first book, published in 2007
 

Singer-songwriter Jade is about to take the music world by storm...if her personal demons can be kept at bay… 

Panic attacks start to plague Jade, just as this musician’s career begins escalating. An L.A. restaurant owner, Calvin Collins, helps her recover, then wines and dines his way into her heart. However, Jade’s agent warns her that Calvin has an unsavory back story. 
As their romance develops, Jade starts climbing the charts with her new CD. Her panic attacks are also on the rise, and the L.A. gossip mill would love to roast Calvin; all issues she’d rather ignore than investigate.
Will Jade’s life end up “On the Rocks”, like the dark song she’s been composing? Or will she find the strength to seek the truth, and sing those secrets into the light?
 

No comments: