June 15, 2013

Ana Blaze


Ana Blaze Invites You to Check Out The Best Man!

 

Ana lives just outside Washington DC with her very supportive husband and three rather demanding cats. She loves the ocean, Indian food, IKEA, and cooking. Ana admits to watching too much television and she swears that someday she’s going to learn how to play the guitar resting on the bookshelf in her office.



Could you please start by telling us a little about yourself?
Hi. Thanks for having me over. I live just outside Washington DC with my husband and our three cats. When I’m not writing, I love reading, cooking, traveling and watching TV. Yes, I freely admit that I watch far too much TV. I’ve also been busy learning more about the publishing business as an Intern for Entranced Publishing.
Please tell us your latest news!
My debut, a contemporary romance novella titled, The Best Man, came out on April 29, 2013! I’m still walking on air.
Do you plan all your characters out before you start a story or do they develop as you write?
I do sketch out my characters first. In fact, I like to find pictures and post them along with key facts like ages and full names on the wall beside my desk. My stories tend to be very character driven.
How much research do you do for your books? Have you found any cool tidbits in your research?
It depends on the story, but there is always some research. I’m currently working on a story that involves ski-jumping. Apparently ski-jumping was first practiced in Norway and ski-jumper wear slightly loose suits when competing for the lift.
What main genre do you write in?
I write contemporary and paranormal romance.
How does your family feel about having a writer in the family? Do they read your books?
My family has been incredibly supportive. My husband read The Best Man before I submitted it for publication and lots of them have purchased copies. I still blush when I think about my mom reading some of the spicier scenes.
If you had to choose one person to have dinner with, who would it be? And why? 
Remember when I mentioned watching too much TV? Then it won’t be much of a surprise that I would love to have a sit down with Joss Whedon, the creator of Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Firefly. He is the king of us nerdy, TV-loving, writer-types.
What is your writing process? Do you outline, fly by the seat of your pants or a combination of both?
I’m a combination writer, if I outline too much it loses the excitement factor. I do try to have a general idea of the highlights when I start.
Can you please give us a sneak peek at any of your upcoming books?
I’d love to. J I have another contemporary romance novella coming out from Entranced Publishing this fall. It’s called A Late Thaw and it’s a second chance at love for two long-time friends. It takes place in Vermont, a place that holds a special place in my heart.
When you have writer's block how do you break free?
I find that it helps to write whatever I most want to write. So if I’m stuck, even if I am behind on another project, I give myself permission to take a little time and write exactly what my heart wishes to say. Even if what my heart wishes to say is utterly unpublishable.
I’m online at:

©    Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/anablaze/
©    Website: www.anablaze.blogspot.com
©    Facebook: www.facebook.com/AnaBlazeLove
©    Twitter: @ana_blaze
 

Beth Chase is too busy planning perfect weddings to worry about the lack of action in her own love life. But if she was looking for a man, she wouldn’t be looking at Colin Pratt. Her boss swears that Best Man Colin is a quiet scholar and science fiction writer who couldn’t possibly cause a fuss at his own brother’s wedding. He’s clearly never met the man in question. Snarky, sexy and more than a little inebriated, Colin is the final obstacle between Beth and the last perfect wedding she needs to make partner. Of course, when she helps him into a taxi at the end of the night she has no idea that he’s only just begun to poke holes in her professional exterior. Colin might have the skills to seduce a romance professional, but can he convince her that he’s the best man to share her happy ever after? 

 


No comments: